If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career, we’d like you to join our Security Bank of Kansas City team! Our banking professionals receive paid training and ongoing education, opportunities for growth and advancement, great benefits, and use the latest in technology to help make the experience at Security Bank of Kansas City a pleasant one for our staff as well as our customers!
A Teller is responsible for delivering excellent service to our valued bank customers, works efficiently, possesses a friendly and outgoing personality, works as a team player, helps solve problems and strives for accuracy.
- Provides friendly greeting to customers in the lobby, on the “teller line,” drive-thru or over the phone.
- Efficiently and accurately processes basic transactions (deposits, withdrawals, check cashing, payments, etc.) while safeguarding against fraud.
- Maintains complete and accurate records of all transactions and keeps cash drawer secure and in balance.
- Issues money orders, cashier’s checks and redeems savings bonds.
- Follows all applicable policies, procedures, regulatory rules and guidelines. Stays up to date with changes.
- Researches and politely assists with customer inquiries, provides account statements, assists with check orders, accepts change of address requests, and performs other customer-oriented functions with the intent of enhancing customer retention and exploring additional sales opportunities.
- Possesses a basic knowledge of bank products and services in order to confidently answer standard banking/account-related questions for customers.
- Able to identify correct product types through needs-based questioning in order to sell products/services or make referrals to other departments, bank affiliates/partners to build and deepen customer relationships.
- Proactively seeks ways to expand customer relationships in order to meet or exceed individual, team and bank goals.
- Assists with other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge, skill and mental development equivalent to the completion of a high school education is required.
- Minimum 1 year banking and previous teller experience preferred.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills as evidenced by the ability to interact face-to-face, using electronic media and over the phone with customers and co-workers in a clear, confident, friendly and polite manner using proper grammar and spelling. This includes the ability to read cursive handwriting in English.
- Demonstrates the ability to use tact and diplomacy, and present a “professional” personal appearance (including body language, tone of voice, hygiene and attire).
- Comfortable using office technology tools (i.e. computer, internet browser and other similar applications).
- In addition to possessing the skills necessary to perform the job, the employee must be willing and able to demonstrate these skills by coming to work on a daily basis, as scheduled.
- Multi-Line Phone Telephone System
- Voice Mail System
- Computer Monitor
- Personal Computer
- 10-Key Calculator
- Copy Machine
- Pneumatic Tube System (including operation of microphone)
- Coin Machine (if applicable)
- Automatic Currency Counter
- Currency Recycler (if applicable)
- Multi-Drawer File Cabinet
- Multi-Shelf Cabinet
- Automatic Teller Machine (ATM)
- Teller Capture Scanner
- Word Processing: Beginner Skills
- Moving Objects Weighing up to 15 Lbs.
- Sitting 20% of the Day
- Standing 60% of the Day
- Walking 20% of the Day
- Removing Objects from Shelves
- Reading Material/PC Monitor
- Ability to Perform Repetitive Hand Movements (i.e. when performing data entry)
- Ability to Travel to Various Worksite Locations and Departments
Statements included in this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the employee(s) assigned to this job. The statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Accommodations will be made to allow for meeting requirements when it does not place an "undue hardship" on Security Bank of Kansas City.
Security Bank of Kansas City is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
Careers at Security Bank of Kansas City (securitybankkc.com)