McAuley & Crandall, PA - Overland Park, KS
We are looking for an experienced tax preparer to join our team. Our company is a 22 year old CPA firm with 2 partners and a total of 6 employees. Our services include audits, reviews, compilations, tax returns, and tax planning for individuals and businesses. We are seeking an individual with strong communication skills, a successful educational background, and experience in public accounting or a related field. CPA certification is preferred, but not required.
Essential functions include preparing individual and corporate tax returns, preparing governmental correspondence, and reviewing compiled financial statements. We are looking for someone who has a good understanding of accounting, strong attention to detail, and produces quality work in a timely manner.
Employee benefits include a 401(k) plan, paid vacation, cafeteria plan, health insurance, and education reimbursement. We also pay your dues in professional societies and licensing fees. We provide 40 hours of CPE annually. Additional benefits include a flexible work schedule, 36 hour work weeks with Fridays off in the summer, accountants holiday, tax season bonus and a small firm atmosphere.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or other related program
- Minimum of 1 year experience in accounting or tax return preparation
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, QuickBooks, and Lacerte (or other tax and accounting software)
- CPA certification or ambition to pursue
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Regular and consistent attendance
- High standard of excellence in completed projects
- Efficient and timely completion of assignments
Current work hours entail regular 40 hour work weeks, Jan, 4/16-Memorial day, After Labor day-Dec. Summer 36 hour weeks Mon-Thur After Memorial Day through Labor day. Tax Season Hours - minimum 56 hours - Feb - 4/15 deadline. Typically four 10 hour days and 2 eight hour days Fri & Sat. Closed for accountants holiday 4/16 or the day after the deadline.
Please email you resume and expected pay per hour (you may include a range) to jackie@MCcpas.com
We look forward to hearing from you.
McAuley & Crandall, PA