The American Theatre Guild is a 501(c)(3) organization and the largest not-for-profit touring Broadway Presenter in the nation. We support Broadway seasons in fourteen markets. Our mission is key to what drives our organization, we are dedicated to providing the experience of live theatre to foster passion, inspire creativity and empower youth within our communities.
We offer competitive PTO, paid parental leave, Simple IRA match, 10 paid holidays, health insurance and opportunities for growth!
Staff Accountant Summary:
Assist the finance department with the general accounting functions. This includes completing timely and accurate daily, monthly, and yearly tasks, projects, and reports. The Staff Accountant will also serve as a backup for Accounts Payable.
- Prepare customer invoices and enter in the G/L system.
- Manage invoice payment status, follow-up on past due invoices, and update the accounting manager on payment issues.
- Prepare, enter, and review journal entries and validate for accuracy.
- Reconcile assigned ledger accounts on a monthly basis.
- Generate general ledger reports and account distribution reports to support marketing and other departments.
- Back-up accounts payable processing including, entering vendor invoices and processing vendor payments as needed.
- Assist with month-end and year-end closing processes Assist in the preparation of monthly financial reports.
- Assist in completing schedules and obtaining requisite data for the annual audit.
- Follow accrual basis / GAAP accounting.
- Other Finance department support duties as assigned by the Controller.
Staff Accountant Requirements:
- 2+ years of accounting related experience
- Experience working with accounting software
- Capable of working under light supervision
- Able to multitask on various tasks or projects and meet strict deadlines
- Able to operate in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Proficiency operating a computer. Able to learn computer software to operate phone calls and proficiently perform duties in a remote (or office) work environment.
- Proficient keyboarding skills.
- Basic understanding of Google suite
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc)
- Keen attention to accuracy and detail
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent organization and record keeping skills
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Willingness to take direction from superiors
If interested please apply at https://americantheatreguild.com/careers/
The American Theatre Guild is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ATGuild does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, marital status, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.