Senior Training Specialist
Senior Training Specialist
Join our Worlds Of Fun family! Our associates are key in leading in a variety of engaging activities that reflect and uphold our five core values of Courtesy, Service, Cleanliness, Safety and Integrity and promotes inclusion among all associates.
Our team members are enthusiastic about their work because they create fun and memories of a lifetime for our customers every day! They also enjoy:
• Business Casual work attire
• FREE park entry for you
• Discount on season passes
• Receive 20 FREE complementary tickets to WOF
• Discounts on food and retail items
• Flexible work schedule
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Senior Training Specialist is responsible for supporting the planning and administration of various training initiatives. This position is also responsible for the development and delivery of high quality training and development programs at all levels across the park.
• Creates and maintains course content, manuals, or other training materials.
• Identifies skill or knowledge gaps among the organizations employee population and develops training content in response to identified training needs.
• Selects training tools or training delivery mechanisms, based on the material being taught and the audience being targeted.
• Assesses the impact of training programs by measuring employee understanding of the subject matter.
• Reviews and evaluates training programs for compliance with government standards.
• Provides leadership, coaching, and/or mentoring to subordinate a group.
• Supports the preparation of the annual training budget for department or organization.
• Coordinates guest trainers or subject matter experts (SMEs).
• May act as a lead or first-level supervisor.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
• Degree in Bachelor’s degree in Organizational Development, Communication, Education, Psychology or related field with 4 to 6 years of relevant experience or equivalent; minimum of 1 year in a leadership role.
• Related training certifications, active professional memberships, and in-depth experience with the delivery of learning programs for technical and soft skills.
• Strong facilitation and presentation skills.
• Proven relationship management, diplomacy, and consultative abilities.
• Organizational development expertise, well rounded knowledge of learning applications and authoring tools is also needed.
• Performs work with a high degree of latitude, handles complex issues.
• Comprehensive knowledge of the field's concepts and principles.
• Ability to develop and mentor others.
• Oral and written communication skills.
• Problem-solving, planning, and presentation skills.
• Ability to develop beneficial relationships and networks in order to achieve results.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
• Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs
• Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone
Apply online at www.worldsoffun.com