Food Programs and Services Coordinator
Food Programs and Services Coordinator
K- State Olathe (http://olathe.k-state.edu) is seeking qualified applicants for a Food Programs and Services Coordinator position. The Food Programs and Services Coordinator works directly with the Food Program and Services Manager and other Kansas State staff to support the planning and execution of food programs, events, and classes. This position is focused on the day-to-day operations of the Food Innovation Accelerator, the food business incubator housed in the research kitchen complex on campus.
This position requires working in a team environment. The activities and scope of this position will require interaction with outside contacts and entities on a continual basis. This position will interact on a regular basis with a broad scope of diverse individuals.
Lead role in operating Food Innovation Accelerator(FIA):
Client on boarding:
- Generating and tracking application materials
- Client product development and refinement
- Assisting with licensing
- State inspection readiness
- Facility and equipment orientation
- Food safety training
- Explaining kitchen policies and procedures
- Records maintenance
Assist in developing and executing food programing for on and off campus partners:
- Development of Food Science summer camps, and other K-12 programming
- Culinary Food Safety and kitchen process efficiency for industry partners and clients
- Develop and present materials for conferences and other events Assist with planning and set up of the Food Business Conference and other events FIA participates in
- County and State extension agencies
Assist other departments in research projects:
- Sensory and Consumer Research
- Food Science and Technology
- Post-Harvest Food Safety
- Supporting Events
- Community Building activities
Help maintain kitchen functionality:
- Kitchen Cleanliness
- Inventory and ordering of supplies
- Kitchen and equipment updates
- On call for kitchen/client emergencies in the absence of the Manager Food Programs and Services
Handle special projects and assignments from the Manager of Food Programs and Services as needed. Also, handle other functions as the job requires to meet the needs and promote the success of the campus.
This is a full-time, benefit eligible position, with some weekend and evening shifts.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University’s Olathe campus was launched in April 2011 and is the third and newest campus in the university’s system. The campus is located in Johnson County and the Greater Kansas City metro area. The campus is a strategic partner of the Johnson County Education and Research Triangle, which was created in 2008 when residents invested in the county's future by voting for a one-eighth cent sales tax. The proceeds from this tax generate more than $20 million a year to fund higher education through a unique partnership among Johnson County, the University of Kansas, and Kansas State University.
K-State Olathe provides a unique work culture that offers a variety of professional development opportunities and a community building committee to organize campus wide activities that have included social gatherings, service opportunities and team building workshops. Professional development opportunities on campus and in the community that employees regularly participate in are employee tuition assistance for academic programs, on campus lunch and learns, professional development workshops on campus, Leadership Olathe, and various regional Chamber activities.
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off – vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the Principles of Community.
This position is required to be performed on-site. Work is performed on employer premises or designated assignment location.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Bachelor’s degree in food science, Culinary Arts or similar discipline.
- 2 years of industry experience in food product Research and Development.
- Servsafe training and certification
- Prior experience in food service, understanding of assembling, operating, and maintaining professional kitchen equipment.
- Knowledge and understanding of sanitation requirements of commercial kitchens, including personal hygiene.
- Highly detailed oriented with strong organization and critical thinking skills.
- Proficiency in computer skills such as Word, and Excel
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people including university, corporate and industry members, K-12 students, and the general public.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, and weekend shifts.
- Ability to transport over 40 lbs. Frequent carrying, pushing, and pulling over 40 lbs.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time; ability to walk extensively.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment.
How to Apply:
Applicants must provide a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three current professional references.
Application materials must be submitted online to be considered.
For question regarding the position, please contact Bryan Severns, Manager Food Programs and Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org (913.307.7317)
For questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact Roberta Robinson, Human Capital Manager, at email@example.com (913.307.7316).
Anticipated Hiring Pay Range: $24.38 - $26.44/ hour
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.