Under the direct supervision of the Chief Dental Officer, deliver the full range of hygiene services and hygiene education possible per the individual clinician’s scope of practice to HPC patients.
HPC employs a team-based approach to care delivery for all patients. Clinical staff work with their team to effectively use huddles at the start of each clinic day, utilize standing orders when applicable, use evidence-based approaches to patient-care such as teaching self-management to patients, emphasize seamless care coordination for all patients, strive to understand the vulnerable populations served, and adjust services to fit patient needs. Upon hire, all staff receives orientation regarding benefits of the HPC team-based approach to population health.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide preventive and rehabilitative caries control and periodontal services, as assigned by the treatment plan.
- Provide routine prophylaxis and topical application to all eligible patients.
- Provide scaling, when calculus is present.
- Provide root planning, when tooth surface is rough.
- Remove overhangs of filling materials.
- Polish restorations.
- Use local anesthetic for procedures, when a licensed dentist is present.
- Provide preliminary charting of all head and neck pathology.
- Chart all existing caries and restorations, missing teeth and prostheses.
- Indicate all pockets over 3mm.
- Perform complete head and neck exams, including soft tissue pathology.
- Properly expose oral radiographs.
- Take necessary safety precautions to protect patient from unnecessary radiation.
- Conduct oral health education.
- Provide chair side instruction in plaque control and/or diet counseling.
- Bring to the attention of all patients and/or guardians the benefits of fluoride in all forms.
- Perform allowed services under proper supervision per Extended Care Permit regulations, by a licensed Dentist in the State of Kansas, is required.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- Possession of a valid Kansas RDH license.
- Ability to relate well with patients and other health care personnel.
- Social and cultural sensitivity appropriate to ethnically and economically diverse patient-and employee-base.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Commitment to expanding access to care for the underserved.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED is required
- Graduation from a certified RDH program.
- Experience within a community health center or similar environment, preferred.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Prolonged sitting or standing may be required.
- Ability to lift to 25 pounds; occasionally up to 60 pounds.
- Those physical movements and the degree of mobility, manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination normally associated with dental assisting in general practice dentistry will be performed on a repetitive basis.
- The ability to distinguish letters and symbols as well as the ability to utilize telephones, computer terminals and copiers is required.
- Work under stressful conditions as well as irregular hours may be required.
- Frequent exposure to communicable disease, body fluids, toxic substances, medicinal preparations, radiation, and other conditions common to a clinical environment may routinely be encountered.
- General Dentistry
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
COVID-19 and Flu considerations:
All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and the Flu.
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Spanish (Preferred)
- Registered Dental Hygienist (Required)
Work Location: One location
- Health insurance
Apply on Indeed