Note: this is NOT a full time desk position. It requires working with dogs including cleaning, feeding and caring for them throughout the day.
- Answer phones, schedule tours, register new clients, make reservations, request & accept payments
- Answer general questions regarding specific procedures and requirements needed prior to accepting new clients (required evaluation, required vaccinations, pre-registration, etc.)
- Requesting Vet records for vaccinations, reminding clients when coming due
- Preparing check-in and check-out duties for all dogs every day
- Recording comments, issues, concerns, notes from all staff and clients related to their dog(s)
- Light housekeeping duties in the lobby and halls
- Supply checks – report low inventory to management
- Greet clients and dogs
- Give tours of the facility to prospective clients when manager is not available
- Assist with dog ‘body checks’ for health and wellness upon check-in and check-out
- Must be comfortable working around and with dogs of all sizes and breeds
- Ability to lift 30 lbs (supplies or small dogs)
- Willingness to support Pet Technicians during busy times throughout the day
- Complete K9 Resorts training and certification prior to working alone
- Agree to submit for a Background Check
- Comfortable in busy and occasional loud environment
- Able to multi-task (ex. Answer phone, check in a dog, collect payments, greet clients)
- Excellent Customer Service Personality – friendly, enjoys working with people & dogs
- Must be willing to step into a Pet Tech role if/when asked by Management. Consists of:
- Monitoring dogs in daycare as an attendant (1 hour shifts)
- Feeding/watering dogs, bathing dogs
- Cleaning up messes in lobby, dog areas, hallways, etc.
- May be tasked with cleaning dog accommodations during staff shortages or holidays
- Ability to problem solve, mediate stressful situations, while meeting customers’ needs
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Some college preferred.
- 1+ years’ experience in a Customer Service or Hospitality Position
- Knowledge of dogs preferred. Dog ownership a plus.
- Computer point-of-sale or reservation experience required
About K9 Resorts Luxury Pet Hotel of Overland Park:
Be a part of bringing an award winning Luxury Doggie Daycare and Boarding Facility to Overland Park, KS! Make a fresh start in brand new facilities with a family-owned business that values your skills and experience.
To see more details and apply, visit here.