Clinic Nurse RN
Clinic Nurse RN
Under the supervision of the Clinic Director performs overall nursing care; including triage for walk-in and assist with(ADD) telephoning patients, medication and immunization administration and oversight, and serves as a clinical resource for the medical clinic staff. Assists Providers with patient care and education, medication refills, care management and coordination and other duties as assigned.
HPC employs a team-based approach to care delivery for all patients. Clinical staff work with their team to effectively use huddles at the start of each clinic day, utilize standing orders when applicable, use evidence-based approaches to patientcare such as teaching self-management to patients, emphasize seamless care coordination for all patients, strive to understand the vulnerable populations served, and adjust services to fit patient needs. Upon hire, all staff receives orientation regarding benefits of the HPC team-based approach to population health.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides direct patient care working within the nursing scope of practice, to all HPC patients, to include assisting with(ADD) administration of medications and injections as directed by providers, immunizations, referrals to other providers and community health resources and health instruction to patients following examinations.
- Following established protocols and standing orders, refills medications via electronic systems.
- Supports Medical Assistants and other support staff by providing education on established standards, procedural requirements, and nursing practice.
- Monitors patient flow and, in the case of overflow, assist clinical support staff in preparation of examination rooms, preparation of patients for exams, taking vital signs of patients and perform other routine procedures (i.e. weighing and measuring) as necessary.
- Assists with monitoring of routine medical supplies and reorder supplies through established purchasing procedures.
- Triages medical calls and drop-in patients as needed.
- Performs all duties and services in full compliance with HPC policies and procedures.
- Serves as the Clinical Resource for the Medical Clinic Staff.
- In collaboration with the Clinic Director, may assist in hiring and training clinic staff, as well as facilitating clinical rotations for pre-licensure students.
- Educates patients and the community in health maintenance and the role of the health care team
- Performs other related duties as may be assigned by Clinic Director and/or Chief Health Officer.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in written communication at all levels.
- Strong organizational skills to provide efficient patient care.
- Experience working with computer systems, proficient working with Microsoft office.
- Able and willing to work on an as-needed basis, to meet operational needs.
- Ability and willingness to travel to all HPC clinic sites and event sites.
- Ability to relate well with patients, coworkers, and health care personnel.
- Ability to work under pressure in a high stress work environment.
- Commitment to expanding access to care for the underserved.
- Ability to adhere to HPC Attendance Policy
- Ability to relate well to social and cultural sensitivity appropriate to an ethnically and economically diverse patient-and employee-base.
- Possession of a valid Kansas RN License.
- BLS required
- Bilingual preferred, English and Spanish.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Successful graduation from a certified Registered Nurse (RN) program.
- Two years of nursing experience within a community health center or similar environment, preferred.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Prolonged sitting or standing may be required.
- Ability to lift to 25 pounds; occasionally up to 60 pounds.
- Those physical movements and the degree of mobility, manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination normally associated with normal medical work will be performed on a repetitive basis.
- The ability to distinguish letters and symbols as well as the ability to utilize telephones, computer terminals and copiers is required.
- Work under stressful conditions as well as irregular hours may be required.
- Frequent exposure to communicable disease, body fluids, toxic substances, medicinal preparations, radiation, and other conditions common to a clinical environment may routinely be encountered.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Continuing education credits
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Primary Care
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Rotating weekends
In our efforts to make our environment as safe as possible, HPC requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID 19 and the Flu. New hires must be fully vaccinated and show proof of vaccination prior to their hire date.
- any other language (Preferred)
- Kansas RN License (Required)
- BLS/CPR Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
- Health insurance
Apply on indeed.